These are my beauty highlights of 2013. Either they were released in 2013 or I just fell in love with them in 2013. All of them significantly altered the way I did my makeup/hair.
5. This product is not makeup, it is a hair oil but I have to include Lee Stafford’s Arganoil Nourishing Miracle Oil because it saved my hair life. I have been getting highlights since I was 16 and when I turned 19, after 3 years of bleach, my hair started to really suffer. I used to have very long hair, almost down to my waist, however with all the dye my hair stopped growing, so that everytime I got it trimmed it would not grow back but just kept on getting shorter. Then when I decided I wouldn’t get it trimmed 8 weekly and just let it grow, it decided it would not grow any more. Although my roots still came through but my hair never got longer so maybe the ends were just breaking off whenever they got past my shoulders. Either way it was making me blue because as any woman knows, a hair is her crowning glory. Anyway, I decided to never apply any dye or heated product (including hair dryers) until it was long again. In 2013 I started to apply a pea sized amount of this oil to the end after showering and then just letting it air dry and my hair decided to grow again and now it is as long as it ever was! I forgot how amazing it feels to have lovely long locks again so I cannot praise this product enough. It really is a miracle oil.
4. My Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet 33 La Distinguée. My go to lipstick. This is the perfect colour for my natural look. It is matte which I love in lipsticks and the colour is very 90s. This Rachel Green in the first series of friends. Which I happen to love.
3. I always say primer is like underwear. Bad underwear and you might as well not be wearing any, but good underwear can make any outfit look good. This Laura Mercier Radiance Primer is a perfect partner for a radiant foundation for a long lasting glowy look. I used to do nursing and you really appreciate a good primer when you apply your makeup at 5am and come home at 8pm still looking fresh. Thank you Laura Mercier for getting me through those 13 hour back to back shifts.
2. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. Where do I even start with this concealer. It is a face saver. I apply all over the under eye area, a line down my nose fanning out in the centre of my forehead, a dab on my chin and just above my cupids bow and then blend with my Beauty Blender Sponge. It is perfect for subtle contouring. I like to go a couple of shades lighter than my foundation because there is nothing worse than dark concealer. It’s this generation’s touche éclat.
1. My number one product is without a doubt the famous YSL Le Tient Touche Eclat. When it comes to foundation nothing has ever come close to the love I have for this product. I am a big fan of the dewy look and in the matte vs dewy war I am without a doubt team glow. This foundation is basically youth and radiance in a bottle. It is basically a foundation version of their Touche Eclat which is repeatedly the best selling beauty product of the year every year since it’s release in the eighties. Anyone who has owned a Touche Eclat knows it creates a glow that reflects light away from imperfections and makes you look like you have just come back from a light jog at the age of 18. This foundation is that, but all over your face. Also it provides just the right amount of coverage which for someone like me who has very annoying facial scars is vital. you can apply as much as you want without it becoming cakey because it just looks more glowy. I cannot recommend it enough and I have one in almost every shade for each stage of my tan throughout the year.