I’ve been seeing a lot of these sexist posts lately
I just think some points need to be made.
- A woman is not a product to be sold. The idea that people refer to makeup as advertising supports an attitude that treats women like commodities.
- Women are not wearing makeup to please that percentage of small minded men who are posting these memes. They wear it for their own damn selves.
- Beautiful makeup is art and the skill and creativity should be appreciated as such.
- These women are beautiful in the before pictures too.
- Women should not be criticised because these men think they have naturally glittery eyelids. That’s just dumb.
- Women do not wear makeup to ‘deceive’. We are not that desperate for the approval of these misogynists.
- Most women who wear makeup do it for themselves. There are some, though, who wear it because it makes them feel more attractive to guys/girls they are attracted to. That is also ok. What is not ok is constantly criticising a woman’s natural appearance, her skin, her nose, her eyes, to the point that she feels she needs to wear makeup WHICH SHE IS THEN CRITICISED FOR.
So these sexists can keep their swimming dates. None of these women would ever say yes to them anyway.