I am so in love with the modern day revival of the 90s trend, Space Buns.
I think they’re cute, youthful and a perfect solution to a bad hair day (of which I have plenty)
They’re also pretty easy to do on long or short hair. In fact they might actually be easier with short hair because that makes for smaller buns whereas with long hair if you don’t wrap them tight enough you could end up looking like Princess Leia
To achieve the look,
1. Part your hair in the middle and brush out all the knots till it is as smooth as your can get it.
2. Brush your hair into two high pigtails.
3. Twist the hair and wrap it round the base of the pigtail, where the hair band is.
4. To secure, tie with another hair band.
5. You can secure them even more by pinning the base and pinning down any bits of hair that are trying to unravel.
Go forth and have nineties fun.